Sunday, May 29, 2011

How does your garden grow??

Jaxon started learning about seeds in school in March, so we decided to plant ourselves a little garden. 



This was our first garden...and to tell you the truth...I didn't really think it would grow.  When we lived in Albuquerque, we never had a vegetable garden. Yes...we had dreams of one, but it never really came to life.  And...you can't really plant seeds in Albuquerque and expect them to grow.  You need to start with plants.  So, I didn't have really high hopes. 

Jaxon picked out all of the things he wanted to grow.  Watermelon, corn, carrots, lettuce, cucumbers, squash and tomatoes.

I am happy to say...the California sunshine has proved me VERY wrong!  Look at our garden!!  So excited!  We have been eating fresh lettuce with all of our salads and we are anxiously awaiting the rest of our veggies!

1 comments:

Jeni said...

Wow Kell! Sarah told me about this garden and now I am so jealous seeing the pictures. Good job Jaxon!
I can't wait for ours to grow. I think we may have started a little too late. :(