Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Grandma Eva

This is my grandma.

 Her name is Eva.  I love that name.  It sounds so...so...beautiful.

 My Grandma Eva passed away yesterday. 

She was 91 years old.  She has 4 children, 9 grand children, and 18 great grandchildren. (If I counted correctly.)

My grandma wore pink tennis shoes.  She called them "tenny runners."  I love that.  I hope I call my tennis shoes "tenny runners" when I am a grandma. 

She drove really fast...and crazy!  I remember my sister and I going to the movies with her once, and while we were driving there she said "hang on to your hats girls." We thought that was hilarious.

 I remember feeling like I was going to burst while I waited for her and my grandpa to arrive at our house for a visit.  If we were at school when she arrived, they would come and pick us up at school.  I loved that.  Then she would give us a GIANT candy bar.  It made my day. 

When we went to visit her in Utah, she used to work out of her home as a beautician.  She had a beauty shop in the basement.  She let us play in there for hours.  It was our favorite thing to do when we were little. 

She wore Mary-Kay make up.  She wore lots of jewelry.  She loved to match my grandpa.

She made the best no-bake cookies in the world.

Her house was filled with the coolest knick knacks.  She had a piece of coral that I wanted so bad I could die.  She had pictures of all of her family all over the house.

She had the funnest (I know...not a word) excercise bike in the world.  I have never seen one like it, and I doubt I ever will.  My sister and I would ride it and laugh so hard we would fall off of it.

She wrote me every week while I was growing up.  Every single week.

She sent me a present on EVERY birthday.  She called me on EVERY birthday.

She loved my husband and was there when I married him in the temple.

She prayed for my children to find me.

She cried when Jaxon found me and I found Jaxon.

She cried when Ella found me and I found Ella.

She loved my kids.

She cried the last time I saw her...so did I.

I loved her.  I miss her.

1 comments:

Jeni said...

What a beautiful tribute. You are a cool lady that comes from a long line of cool ladies!