Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Happy Birthday, Son!

My Jaxon is 8 today!!!  I can't believe it!  I feel like we just brought him home from the hospital in his little green and blue outfit with hippos on it.

Jaxon is the love of my life.  Every morning, as I am dragging him out of bed, his cute little freckles look up at me under his big blue eyes and smile.  He once had me count his freckles while we snuggled.  I counted 162.  He thought that was a great number. 

I love that he doesn't care much for the computer...the iPad is a MAJOR perk when he does something awesome.  I love that he gets so excited to see new movies, and that he LOVES playing Skylanders with his dad.  I love that when I am cleaning the living room, the playroom, and his room...when I lift up the pillows on the couch or bed, I find a pile of Transformers, Cars or dinosaurs.  I love that he adores Ella.  I love that he loves his cousins more then his friends.  I love that he is starting to understand sarcasm...and he uses it appropriately.  I love that when he has a bad dream, he comes into our bed and snuggles so close to me I can feel him breathe on me...and if it is a weekend...he still climbs on my chest and listens to my heartbeat. 

I love that he makes me want to be a better mother.  I love that he is pure 8 year old perfection. 

I love you, Jaxon.

Love,
Mommie

2 days old

8 Years old!!

0 comments: