Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday

As I was getting ready to go to church today, I was surprised by my nervousness that was creeping up inside of me. You have to understand that I left an AMAZING ward in Albuquerque. I left the kind of ward that made you feel like you were home when you walked in the building. The kind of ward that if someone needed help, you had people asking "why didn't I get to watch her kids?". I learned so many things from the amazing women in my ward, and I know that those lessons can never be recreated. I am so greatful to my Heavenly Father for putting all of those women in my path. Because I was so comforted every Sunday, today I was uneasy.
As I stepped out of the car, it was the same familiar scene in a somewhat familiar building. The only thing that really stood out as different was all of the beautiful flowers and grass! But, I am so thankful to our wonderful church for being able to tap into that familiarity and make you feel at home no matter where you are. Walking into the building, I was given the precious gift of peace that I have been looking for for the last couple of weeks. Yes, it is not my ward in ABQ, but I am very grateful for the kind hellos and welcomes that came so easily from its members. This new ward is VERY small and very different from what I am used to, but I am sure it will be fine. I am so thankful for the lessons and talks given today. I am so thankful that no matter where I am ,the church is an anchor for me and my family.

1 comments:

The Cash Crew said...

It's always scary going to a new ward!! We miss you TONS! I drive by your house alot...sniff, sniff... and can't believe you are gone:( Hope all is going well in Cali. Love ya!

kuli