Sunday, November 21, 2010

Marbles and the Wii

Much to his mother's dismay...Jaxon has found...the Wii.  I have managed to keep it a pretty good secret for a while. Not that I hid it or anything, I just never pointed it out.  We play occasionally for family nights, but let me just say that it wasn't getting a whole lot of use in our house.  Until about a month ago.  He found it.  He loves it.  His dad loves that he loves it.  Therefore, I believe I have lost the war.  Notice, I said the War, not the battle.  I believe that  the video games and I are just going have to get along.  As a mother to a son...I am jacked. He loves it, and I have to deal with it!

So...this is how I deal with it!  If any of you know my son, you know that he HATES doing things for himself.  He wants me to do EVERYTHING for him.  It is our daily argument.  So, we started this...


This is our marble jar.  Jaxon gets a marble every time he does something without throwing a fit.  It has been a miracle.  There is marble talk in our house...constantly.  Why?  Because for every marble he earns, he earns 1 minute of this....



It has been a good trade.  Now...I usually only have to listen to between 12-19 minutes of Mario Brothers...depending on our day. 


I think that makes him pretty happy, too. :)


0 comments: